After scraping over 300 news articles on corporate and M&A transactions, I have come up with 7 top resources that will help you to gain insights on M&A trends. (As I am also interested in learning about M&A trends and venture capital markets in Sout Korea, I will cover this topic next time).
- Law360 — Mergers & Acquisitions. Law360’s Mergers & Acquisitions provides breaking news and analysis on high-impact mergers and acquisitions and the attorneys involved. Coverage includes major deals, related litigation and enforcement actions, and policy developments that affect corporate deal-making. I have signed up for newsletters and breaking alerts on Banking, Corporate, Mergers & Actuations, Private Equity, and Securities. After reading on newsletters from Law 360 and spend some time reading their news articles to grasp the latest news.
- The McKinsey Podcast Podcast. This podcast features conversations with McKinsey experts from around the world specialized in different industries to deliver issues that matter most in business and management. The topics covered in this series include strategy, technology, leadership, marketing, operating, etc. I’ve recently listened to The State of Fashion on uploaded on February 21, 2020 was pretty interesting to learn about the current investment trends for luxury and fast fashion brands. You can subscribe to The McKinsey Podcast on your device.
- Pitchbook — News & Analysis. PitchBook is the leading source for private capital market news, analysis, and trends — specializing in venture capital, private equity, and M&A markets. I first used this source when I had to collect investors’ financial databases for potential M&A transactions. You can subscribe to their newsletters for FREE.
- Bloomberg — Deals. Bloomberg’s exclusive and breaking news on M&A, initial public offerings and activist investors, as well as analysis and opinion from the Bloomberg Deals team.
- Bloomberg Law. Bloomberg Law is a subscription-based service that uses data analytics and artificial intelligence for online legal research. The service, which Bloomberg L.P. introduced in 2009, provides legal content, proprietary company information and news information to attorneys, law students, and other legal professionals. If you are a student, you can get a significant discount.
- The Deal. The Deal covers corporate transactions, dealmakers, and their advisers to help readers identify opportunities and grow their businesses. If you’re subscribed to this website, you get the alerts on potential and announced M&A transactions. If you have time, you could listen to their FREE Webcasts regarding M&A and middle-market trends, etc.
- Insights from The Big 3 — BCG, The McKinsey, and Bain Capital. The insights from the Big3 have go-to resources that help to navigate the latest trends in deal-making: